COLA is looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join our accounting department. The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining accounts payable documentation and assist will billing and collections. In this position, the Staff Accountant will also be assisting the Controller as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as a Staff Accountant, the candidate must be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). An outstanding Staff Accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable
- Assist with 1099 preparation
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with billing and collections
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assisting the Controller as needed
- Associate’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
This position will require a background check.