BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Manage COLA’s public relations activities, including drafting and editing press releases, talking points, feature articles, op-eds and written materials prepared for external audiences.
- Serve as a designated media contact for all media inquiries and coordinate responses with COLA’s executive representatives.
- Perform research and collaborate with COLA’s subject-matter experts to write key strategic messages for internal and external audiences.
- Manage activities of external PR firm/firms.
- Set metrics to track and evaluate the success of our PR activities.
- Create strong business relationships with other healthcare organizations with which COLA should have a relationship.
- Research and write fresh content for use on COLA’s social media and Internet sites.
Social Media and Lab Testing Matters
- Manage and provide content for COLA’s social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn).
- Develop and maintain schedule for ensuring freshness of COLA social media and Internet presence, including updating of news items.
- Set and meet metrics and evaluate success in social media.
- Connect and engage with industry leaders on social media.
- Build and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations for the Lab Testing Matters Blog.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Lab Testing Matters Blog including creating and securing content, editing content, posting to the site, sharing via social media.
- Consider strategic opportunities for improving the visibility of COLA and Lab Testing Matters.
- Create and distribute monthly Lab Testing Matters newsletters via email communication.
- Monitor Google Analytics for both Lab Testing Matters and COLA.org.
- Serve as business owner of the Website Content Management Process and ensure that all web content stays current, accurate and relevant.
- Develop web resources including web forms, landing pages, and email marketing templates.
- Facilitate changes to COLA.org and COLAcentral through the Website Content Management Process.
- Serve as an administrator to all COLA websites including COLA.org, LabTestingMatters, GiveBack365, MyConsultantCentral, etc.
- Support preparation for the Keeping Up with COLA (KUC) employee communication events including developing corresponding poll questions, announcement of the meeting to all staff, technical set-up, and distribution of any additional information to staff after the meeting.
- Serve as a back-up to the HR Manager as the administrator to COLA Virtual HQ intranet site.
- Manage internal polling platform for COLA Employees and the Office of the CEO for employee feedback polls. Conduct new-hire trainings.
- Draft and coordinate communication materials for key COLA stakeholders including a Board of Directors email communication and quarterly COLAborators Report for Member CEOs.
- Provide assistance to the Innovation Division, Marketing Division and any other departments within the organization.
- Conduct frequent research to stay abreast of latest healthcare trends and evaluate those trends for opportunities and threats.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / UNDERSTANDING:
- Excellent technical computer skills and understanding
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Media Platforms and best practices
- Knowledge and understanding of PR best practices
- Competency in website management platforms such as WordPress
- Email Marketing platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Experience with basic HTML manipulation is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience with developing multimedia (editing videos and graphics) is a plus
- Four-year college degree required.
- Educational background and experience in the Public Relations and Communications fields.
- Demonstrated fluency in social media communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- 3-4 years of relevant professional experience (internships counted towards experience).
- Past experience in healthcare a plus but not necessary.